Friday, February 15, 2008

Mellow Johnny's

I'm very happy to see that Lance Armstrong is opening a commuter focused bike shop, right here in Austin. When I first heard about it I was worried it would be a racing-bike focused shop, of which we have a plethora already. This one is going right into the downtown in a conversion of an old building from the 50's. The idea is to make a bike shop, cafe, bike-storage, shower, and changing-room facility right on the soon-to-be opened Lance Armstrong Bikeway which will provide an East-West corridor into downtown Austin for bikers. This is a great idea that I hope we see more of in the future.
BTW, the name "Mellow Johnny's" is a pun on the French word maillot jaune, for the yellow jersey worn by the Tour de France leader.
Note that I have a newer post on Mellow Johnny's.

No comments: